[Spridgets] Back from Carlisle weekend

charles christ crusaderchuck at yahoo.com
Tue May 24 04:19:42 MDT 2011

the show was very hectic on saturday for us.    we arived friday night in
the
'67 2 stroke street saab and ended staying up untill 2:30an saturday
morning
with a friend we race with up on the hill in our race
trailer.  saturday morning
we arived on the show field and we were converged
upon by saabistas wanting to
see the '60 93f race car and about a thousand
questions folowed.   as much as i
tried to get away  mary anne & i did not
get to the swap meet until sunday
morning.  by then many vendors had left.
funny what people abandon  when they
leave.   in someone's discarded junk , i
picked up 2 front spridget shocks and
an upper trunion , along with a
throttle cable.   yeah i brought all that stuff
home....we  had a great time
and i'm still very sore and my neck is sun burned!

central penn saab club
came here and towed our race car in the trailer out to
carlisle and as of
last night returned the trailer home for us.   our tow
vehicle's trans needs
to be rebuilt or we would have towed it.   central penn
saab club did a
wonderfull job with all their activities and meals.

we missed gathering
staurday for lunch with evryone.    that bothered me.    but
it was very
hectic with two cars on the show field.
weather?   pennsylrainia?   this was
about the best remembered year weather
wise.    vehicle attendance was
impressive too!  we are planning to be back next
year with the bugeye and a
saab (not certain which one)!

chuck
It was great seeing those off the list
that stopped by.
Weather as always was pretty tough Thursday and Friday, heavy
rain  and some
lightning nearby
Saturday made up for it to some extent.
Itbs
always wild trying to second guess what parts to bring down there and
how much
of each
Wondering how much longer the event will hang in there based on itbs
dwindling size and the fact itbs the smallest venue there and not well
attended.
But always great talking parts and cars and deals
Alan