[Spridgets] Tips or examples installing my Facet pump, hose never fits right.

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sat May 14 20:01:34 MDT 2011

List,
I am installing my new Facet fuel pump in the rear like the later Spridgets
and came to a small road block. Below are photos of the location and the new
pump for a better visual. I drained the tank today (the crap ran down my arm
so i am soaked with gas (good thing I quit smoking again this week) and I
was getting ready to cut the fuel line but noticed when I place the pump in
position it is very cramped and I don't see how to get rubber line in
correctly without kinking the line for that 90 degree turn. I couldn't get
to the store in time but I'll try and get a fitting with a 90 degree which
I'm sure they won't have the correct thread size or the end will be huge. I
also checked my rubber line and it is 1/4" as I recall our lines are smaller
than stock fuel line and are a pain in the ass to fit because we end up with
larger hose. Is there a specialty parts shop who will have a fitting for
small hose?

Why is this such a PITA it just shouldn't be. Looking at the filter that
came with the pump I won't be able to fit any hose on that monster can I
remove the filter altogether or maybe get a fitting and a plastic filter?
Also I remember an old post that said they make teflon tape for fuel, who
would have that?

If anyone can send me a photo of their setup I would be appreciative.
Lin
My pictures:
http://www.spritespot.com/gallery/Deep-Pink-Sprite/location

http://www.spritespot.com/gallery/Deep-Pink-Sprite/placement