[Spridgets] Renewable energy (here I go, off-topic with y'all :)

BJNoSHOV8 bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Sun May 8 15:57:39 MDT 2011

My sister has solar panels on her roof.  She lives outside of the city
and her electric company was working with a company that sold these
electric systems.  The deal with the electric company is that they would
only allow installation of systems that would product up to 90% of the
average energy use of her home.  The last time I was at her house was
this past Christmas and their system was producing all of the
electricity they were using.

Their house is probably about 2500SF, with a roof shaped like a
pyramid.  The panels occupy one side of the pyramid.