[Spridgets] Chicago

David Lieb 72spridget at gmail.com
Mon May 2 08:37:34 MDT 2011

I don't care for blues myself, at least not Chicago electric blues
(good delta blues are a different story), so I can't help you much in
that direction. There is a small concert space in Evanston called
SPACE which features intimate performances by some decent people.
Check out the schedule at http://www.evanstonspace.com

The Museum of Science and Industry is always worth the trip
http://www.msichicago.org/

There is a good fireworks display near Navy Pier every year. If you go
out on the pier, be aware that it is best to find a good seat and wait
patiently after the show or else leave early; I have never been in
such a crush as when trying to leave after the show (at least not in
this country). Fireworks cruises are also available.
http://www.navypier.com/things2do/fireworks.html
David L