[Spridgets] Bearing Replacement Follow Up

Bert Shirey bertshirey at zoominternet.net
Tue Mar 29 16:54:21 MST 2011

Thanks Jim,

    By "eyebrow" do you mean the "U" cork seal?

     No seal--then,  the U-shaped cork seals that fit in the groves at front
and rear of the pan mate up against bare metal surfaces either end of the
crank caps, and  do not mate against another cork seal of similar contour?
There is no other cork seal at the crank ends other than those U seals
installed in the pan?
     While I`m here, what is the opinion on the rubber rear seal vs the
cork?  I`ve got both.

Bert