[Spridgets] Re; 2010 GMC GHassles and issues.

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Tue Mar 29 12:59:12 MST 2011

In my first one, the pump was a high pressure inline pump.  My understanding was that the pumps while still functioning would shed metal shavings which would jam the check valves and allow the system to lose fuel pressure when not running, making it hard to start next time.  I replaced the pump trying to cure this problem.

In the Jetta my understanding was that there was a small pump in the tank that would move fuel to the main pump which was still an inline pump.  The small pump in the tank failed when almost new and was replaced under warranty by my dealer.