[Spridgets] 2010 GMC Hassles and Issues

David Riker davriker at nwi.net
Mon Mar 28 07:54:29 MST 2011

I stopped defending Chevrolet's on the list the last time this came up for
the same reason, however, I find myself again, unable to keep myself from
commenting.
Since I am a Chevrolet Sales manager, I get to see the service lane right
outside my window every morning.  I get to see trade-ins driven from the
entire spectrum of user styles and personalities.
Despite Frank and Billy's opinions and usage habits, ALL modern vehicles are
incredibly reliable, and adjusted for inflation, ALL repairs needed by
modern vehicles probably cost lest both in inflation adjusted dollars AND
relative to the cost of replacing the vehicle than the same repair in the
1970's.
Remember when every gas station on three corners of every major intersection
had a 2 bay service garage?  Remember when there was several transmission
repair facilities, to choose from, several radiator shops, 5 or six
independent auto parts stores in every town?  Could it possibly be that it
was because cars used to break down quite regularly, and the reason those
shops are now all out of business is that they don't break down like that
any more?
What is normal to see now are Chevrolet, Ford, and Dodge trucks being traded
in with significant miles, hard miles even, as I live in an agricultural
area, that still run and drive very well, and still are worth what I would
consider stupid money.  Check it out for your self.  Go to KBB.com and book
out a 140,000 mile 2006 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab with a Diesel engine.
$16,000 trade in value.  That's real money.  For a truck I would consider
worn out, done, and ready for the crusher.
You are right, some guys on this list break anvils!

PS, the fuel pump thing is very correct.  If the fuel tank is never allowed
to run below 1/4 tank, the fuel pumps will regularly out last the vehicle.
Run the tank empty, and we've accidentally burnt them up in new cars idling