[Spridgets] New trucks again, NLBC except to tow them

kgb at frontiernet.net kgb at frontiernet.net
Fri Mar 25 19:14:53 MST 2011

I drive past the Chevy dealer on my way to work, and if you look closely at all those lovely $60,000 trucks, you will notice that the paint on the body does not match the paint on the doors.

The electronics are an absolute nightmare. On our 2009s, we need to replace headlights monthly, the dash lights look like a Christmas tree, and the only place that will touch them is the Chevy dealer, who averages a week to diagnose the problem, another to wait for parts, and one more to 1/2 assed repair the things until the next time the same problem happens.

Most are on their third set of brakes because they were not meant to be driven on gravel roads. Huh?

All have been in at least three times each for fuel tank vent blockage repair. It's annoying standing outside in -20 degree weather putting in gas 12 cents at a time until the tank is full. The service manager kept trying to insist that we needed a new fuel pump, and actually put one on, although it didn't fix the problem. Trying to explain that our problem was getting the gas into the tank, not out of it did, not change his diagnosis. A very polite chat with the general manager, in the middle of the sales floor among the people contemplating buying one of the over priced junkers, was slightly more successful.

Kate