[Spridgets] Kristi's Midget

Kristi & Lambert kristi74midget at comcast.net
Fri Mar 25 11:41:26 MST 2011

The tach stays at the correct RPM's.  Unfortunately the car is "stuck" at my
Dad's since that was the place we took it to the night we had problems.  I
have been having this problem for several years now but never this bad.  When
it first started happening it was like I lost all umfff to go while
accelerating.  I could put the gas pedal to the floor and nothing really would
happen and then all of a sudden everything would kick in and things would be
fine.

The float bowls have been cleaned and the carbs where even changed at one
point with a whole different set of carbs.  I have had one of the guru's of
carbs (Kevin V.) help with getting the car back after the changing of the
carbs.  That is the weird thing is because it was acting up on the way to New
Jersey (a 2 hour drive) but while driving ended up driving well and even
seemed like there was no "bucking."  Then on the way home it was horrible.

Hope this helps.  I am taking every suggestion and then when we finally get a
chance to get back to the car we will work on everything.

Dad - chime in here if you think it will help.

Kristi & Lambert
'74 RWA Midget
'77 RB Midget

On Mar 25, 2011, at 2:30 PM, an5.sprite at gmail.com wrote:

> When the problem happens does your tach drop to zero or stay at the correct
rpm? If it drops I would look for an electric problem first.