[Spridgets] Morris Minor 1000 vacuum advance - update.

Dave KK7SS kk7ss at frontier.com
Wed Mar 23 19:44:44 MST 2011

Hi Bill,

Sad to report... no ;-(

This is a 1959 car/948 cc motor and has an SU type H1 or H2 carb, where the fuel bowl has a casting that connects it rigidly to the carb body which is how the fuel gets to the needle.. It's definitely not an HS2.

The carb body has a 30* cant with the float bowl being vertical.

I did look at *ALL* the pictures but couldn't find an H1/H2  ;-(

I think these are the same model carbs that were fitted to the early Lotus 7's.

--
Dave G  KK7SS
DN06ig

,59 Morris Minor 1000