[Spridgets] [Fwd: [midgetsprite] Fw: Paul']

Jay jfishbein at snet.net
Wed Mar 23 08:25:33 MST 2011

That just sucks.

Since I don't have any information on where to send condolences, I will express
them here.

I only met Paul in person once, at the Buster Cluster in '06, and he was a
genuinely nice, kind, and down-to-earth individual. He was personable, ready and
willing to help, and full of knowledge and enthusiasm. Paul possessed more
mechanical knowledge on A-series cars than most I have crossed paths with in my
many years in and around this hobby.

It's strange how I can feel this loss of someone I barely knew, met only once,
and chatted with only occasionally. I guess it's not strange at all really,
because I respected him for what he added to the hobby and his general unselfish
nature. He truly lived the hobby.

Rest in Peace, Paul.

(Anyone with direct contact with his family has my permission to forward these
thoughts to them.)

 jay fishbein
wallingford, ct

   Paul's son, Tom, just called to tell me that Paul died today. They
   were unable to get his high blood pressure down. I don't know any
   detail. He wasn't happy where he was, so maybe it was time to move
   on. Can you let the Little British Car people know? Thanks. I'm very
   sad of course and feeling the loss. I appreciate your connection to
   Paul, and your visiting him in Escondido. Life goes on, but it is
   not as rich.
   Lillis