[Spridgets] 948/998 Heads

Curt/Nancy Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 19:56:22 MST 2011

Hi Bob,

Thanks for that, but I know I'll need to either deck the head or get flat
top or domed pistons to get the CR back to where it needs to be.  *I'm just
looking to find out if there is any advantage to the 12G206 head over the
12G295 one.*  Since this is a Concours car, I'm just looking at doing a few
things to pep it up slightly while retaining the original look externally.

After 40 years of working with Spridgets I know how to build a non original
looking, "cooking" engine.  But that's not where I'm going with this car.

BTW regarding the bigger carburetors, exhaust and cam.  I'll get all the
extra air flow I need from the better head, with the bigger valves, and
other head modifications.   The stock H1s (will some jet/needle mods) will
give me faster airflow (Bernoulli) versus more volume, which I really don't
need since I'm not going that overboard with this engine.  49 to 50 HP will
be fine.

Cheers,

Curt