[Spridgets] Trans Leak and Suspension Question

Guy R Day grday at btinternet.com
Wed Mar 16 14:41:22 MST 2011

Michael,
Check the dampers.  You may find that just a front corner push down and
release shows up a side to side discrepancy in bounce - rebound.

Was it just the front wheel alignment you had checked or the whole car
frame?  Run your hand across the width of the tyre tread on the worn tyre to
see if the tread is feathering or if it is worn down unevenly.  If it is
feathering, the wheels are out of alignment.  If it is worn unevenly across
the width of the tread it can be one or more of other reasons.

Feathering, for those who don't know, is when there is a small lip on a
tread edge producing a ratchet type of feel across of the width of the
tread.  It is a smooth feel one way and a far rougher one the other.  The
lip is always formed on the trailing edge so that tells you which way the
wheel - tyre needs to be moved.  If you find it you need to check the other
wheel on the other side of the car and when aligning always make sure the
steering wheel is straight and you should be adjusting both sides to keep
the steering wheel straight.  Those with a slight offset steering wheel can
cure it by getting the front wheels aligned properly, it is not always the
wheel and shaft splines being out!

Guy R Day