[Spridgets] Bearings Replacement

Shop at " Just Brits " shop at justbrits.com
Sat Mar 12 09:44:29 MST 2011

Welcome back, Bert !!!!!

<< The particles in the filter are shiny, and they smooth to a shiny
residue rubbed between my fingers, rather than sharp and hard
like filings. >>

OK, Step # 1 =  Google or Yellow Pages and find a Lab that does
Motor Analysis and give them a ring to fine out if they are STILL
there AND still do Testing !!  Most will SnailMail the "Kit" to you.

Step # 2 = With Front End [or as I prefer, whole car] "in the air",
start & get to Operating Temp. - MANDATORY for a "good &
reliable Test".  CLEAN around Drain Plug - SQUEAKY CLEAN !!!!
Out with Drain Plug and USING some type of pliers [to hold the
Test Container --- the "collection vial" DOES get VERY HOT !!! ]
get the "sample" from draining oil.  Return car to normal state.
Step # 3 = Take/Mail Sample to Lab; [now this is IMPORTANT
part <G>] CROSS YOUR FINGERS - prayer can help here & WAIT !
Step # 4 = Still waiting <G>??  Open mail or read fax or read
*.pdf or read eMail.

The report will not only List the Chemical 'make-up of the oil
but tell you EXACTLY what is what and WHERE it comes from
including "very high level of copper which is coming from bearing
shell(s)." and similar !!  Or Amount of water exceeds......!  And so on.

I have been recommending and DOING Lab Motor Oil  Analysis
for my own cars and Customer Cars' for over 20 yrs. and it's
simply amazing how accurate they are.  Er, not really - after all
it IS a Lab doing their job. LOL !!   Seriously tho, Analysis is a
GREAT P. M. "tool" and should be done by EVERY, I repeat, EVERY
car Owner at each Oil/Filter Change [er, except racers - they
change bearings or rebuild motors like the rest of us breathe <G>].

Ed