[Spridgets] Bearings Replacement

cathey speichinger cathe125 at suddenlink.net
Sat Mar 12 09:01:08 MST 2011

 1st. is the material magnetic, and have you noticed any other signs of
impending doom with the motor (knocks, different oil pressure, etc..)?  No
the mains cant be done in the car nor can the cam bearing.  Cleaning of the
oil galleries to remove metal fragments is impossible to do in the car,
ditto with measuring all the required parts to determine what needs to be
done to what for a proper rebuild.   OLD stock parts such as bearings can be
had on FleaBay once you know what you need.  Basically, to do the rebuild
right the motor will have to be removed and cleaned and properly refreshed
to provide another 50 years of enjoyment provide it is even to that stage
yet.

Leo