[Spridgets] Bugeye historical questions for reference see eBay # 320669636262

Leo 60bugeye at cebridge.net
Sat Mar 12 08:46:21 MST 2011

Linda:  Ditto what Jay said, especially the wire wheel setup.  Being the
anal person I am when I read ads stating " car underwent a nut and bolt
restoration to original specifications" I almost roll my eyes in wonderment
even before I look at the pictures.  This car is really nice but within
minutes would be out of the points range for for gold or silver, possibly
even bronze when being judged.  If you are the least bit interested in
restoring you car to "original" specifications get a copy of the JUDGING
STANDARDS and several different books available on Sprites and Midgets ,
read them front to back, go to lots of shows and look closely at the cars
displayed, join a list such as this, and get prepared to become anal.:)  Oh
yea, TRIPLE THE RESTORATION BUDGET.

Most shops will not do  the research to do a concours level or even for that
matter a restoration focused on originality.  Or maybe I should say most
people are not willing to spend the money on a restoration focused on
originality.  The details become expensive....

The really bad part is that almost as soon as the restoration is finished it
becomes an ongoing effort to slow down the aging process of its "fresh"
look.  Iris has covered less than 2k miles and I keep looking at what needs
to be redone to keep her looking her best.  Now, if I had a lift and a
climate controlled garage, bigger checkbook and.....  You get the idea:)

Leo (not being so anal on the current project)