[Spridgets] Taxes was Parking tickets

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Thu Mar 3 10:34:48 MST 2011

As a driving enthusiast some people might be suspicious about my bias.
However I don't understand why any resident wouldn't feel the same way that I
do.  I own a home, I own part of a business, I have a wife and a daughter.  I
worry about my home being broken into, I worry about my wife and my daughter
being attacked when out in public, I even worry a little about someone
assaulting me when out in public.  I do not worry a bit about anything
happening to me when I'm in traffic.  I see zero benefit to me from enforcing
any speed limits.  I can see that there might be some benefit from removing
vehicles from the road that are driving too slowly such as large trucks and
construction equipment, and anyone can see benefit from removing drinking
drivers from the roads.  I see the most benefit to me by utilizing police
resources to protect my home and my family from attack.  As far as I'm
concerned, utilizing the police resources that I pay taxes for in traffic
enforcement actually reduces the safety of my family and my home, and I don't
like that.