[Spridgets] Chrome plating near Charleston SC

BJNoSHOV8 bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Sat Jun 25 10:36:31 MDT 2011

I did a quick check and found one large company listed in my
metropolitan area.  I see plating done on the car shows, and it is
probably done on the custom motorcycles too.  If you have any custom car
shops or custom motorcycle shops in your area, you could call and ask them.

If nothing else since there is more car activity in LA you could look up
a place there and ship your parts to them.

This is slightly off topic, but I was watching one of the car shows on
tv recently and they "chromed" an entire Audi R8.  They used a paint
process that used a solution of silver nitrate and mixed it with another
chemical.  Essential they sprayed 2 different paint components on the
car at the same time, and when the chemicals mixed it caused the silver
to precipitate out of solution and in a matter of seconds the car turned
silver.  Then they sprayed clear over it and the result was as if the
car was chrome plated.