[Spridgets] SU help needed

Pete Chast pchast at francomm.com
Fri Jun 24 20:40:58 MDT 2011

Hmm. You have an unknown situation I'd proceed as follows....

You have the top of the chamber off and it will not move OR you have the
piston out and can not separate the chamber?
Have you removed the bottom jet chamber.. I don't remember what to call it.

first possibility:
Clearances are tight. things must be square and parallel. In either case
get some really light oil like a penetrant and saturate
things. Let it sit for a day. Using a - really light- plastic mallet tap
the sides and top of the case. If it was slightly separated
tap it back together. More oil. try to turn things by hand - no pliers...
Fiddle some more. eventually it will separate.

Second possibility is gummed up gas. get Seafoam and drown the carb in it
after draining the oil for an hour. let sit for several
hours. try to turn by hand. slosh it around and drain. new Seafoam.
repeat.