[Spridgets] Fwd: [Mgs] Spring washers don't work !

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:27:44 MDT 2011

Here they name the test type as "transverse dynamic loads".  How many
of those are present on a Spridget?
Usually when you bolt things together you don't insert needle bearings
between them.  Those needle bearings give the machine an advantage
over the clamping force of the fastener.
Again, for things of that sort in the real world we use Castellated
nuts.   We don't use helical spring lock washers on wheel bearing
nuts, do we?

http://www.boltscience.com/pages/junkertestvideo.htm

Videos and propaganda like that make me wonder what they are selling
and if it is so great why isn't it in more widespread use?