[Spridgets] Tires

derf derf247 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 09:51:55 MDT 2011

Tires have a shelf life.  I do not consider storage in a climate
controlled environment to extend the shelf life.  They will
undoubtedly be better than tires stored in direct sunlight, but a 5
year old tire is a 5 year old tire.  I consider 7 years the outer
limit of quality tire age.
I liked the BFGs on wires, but YMMV especially if you are on steelies
or alloys.
If you don't drive your car much you might as well drive it like you
stole it and wear out those treads.  They won't be very good after 7
years, anyway.