[Spridgets] 1342

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 10:55:39 MDT 2011

Dave -
Similar thing happened to me years ago with 15426378 from the 289
in my '67
Mustang. If you inadvertently make it 15426387, the engine makes a
really bad
noise once every time the dizzy spins around and doesn't want
to run very well.
This happened at the end of a very long weekend installing
a big solid lift cam,
rocker lockers, lifters, intake, carb, etc. etc. etc...
I had been saving the
pennies for a long time and was going to take the car
up a notch or two.

In my mind, I had improperly timed the cam/crank. Just
before taking the whole
thing apart again, I remembered what my dad has told
me over and over: "Start by
checking that the simple things are right
before moving on to the hard ones
because every once in a while you'll get
lucky". Went carefully thru the firing
order (even though I knew it was
right), and ta-da! it was time to go play on
the backroads after all! Is it
any wonder I can quote that firing order over 30
years later?

Good Advice
that has saved me a couple of times and would have saved me many
more if I
had only thought about it in time.

David Booker
Long Island