[Spridgets] Poor Eduction, was Obama Genius, Etc

kgb at frontiernet.net kgb at frontiernet.net
Tue Jun 7 09:28:14 MDT 2011

My poor mother could never understand why I got As in the classes I liked, and never went to the others. Nor could she figure out why I would rather spend my time getting my MGTD to go faster, rather than do "normal" things, such as shopping for prom dresses with her. Since I had no intention of going to thee prom, I saw no point in shopping for dresses.

I took the MG and moved back to the ranch shortly after that and got a job singing in a country band. I was on the way to work when I had my delightful wreck on the Old Lewiston Grade and totaled the MG. Mother was relieved that I was not more seriously injured, and extremely happy that I no longer had the sports car. When I replaced it with a Big Healey out of a portion of my settlement, she gave up and insisted that I go to NY to my father's family to gain some culture. My idea of culture involved training the family's race horses.

In order to quiet my mother's rantings, I went into the Navy, which waived their HS diploma requirement when I passed all their tests with extraordinarily high scores. In A school, I was taught math by a CWO4 who actually knew how to teach. I can now do advanced trigonometry, but can barely balance my checkbook. The navy sent me to college, still without a HS diploma, and I graduated with honors with degrees in Criminology and Soviet Studies.

My IQ has been measured at 165, but I am a total misfit at daily living.

Kate