[Spridgets] 1275 motor status

BJNoSHOV8 bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Sun Jun 5 15:29:47 MDT 2011

We soaked the last piston with PB Blaster overnight and attacked it
again yesterday afternoon.  We hit it a lot, and hit it hard, and it
seemed pretty solid.  I had hit is some from the top using a large
socket of about 2" outside diameter, and hit from below using a brass
punch a little over 1" diameter.  We stood the engine up and hit it from
the top again, and I started hitting it as hard as I could.  We seemed
to move the piston down about 1/4" so we turned it over and started
hitting from underneath.  It seemed solid so we got up on a stool so we
could hit it harder and finally got it to move, then it came out pretty
quickly.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/bjd70/MG/photo153b.jpg

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/bjd70/MG/photo157b.jpg