[Spridgets] Midget for the 50th

Allen Hefner lbc77mg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 08:35:27 MDT 2011

I know that you know this, but there may be newbies reading.  The '79 Midget
engine is the same 1500cc also used in the Spitfire.  De-smogging is a good
thing.

You may be able to tell if it was a Midget engine by the block color.  I
think, if memory serves, the block on the MGs was painted a robin's egg
blue.

Engine origin was from a tractor.  Lots of torque available, and this is
considered the first Midget engine capable of moving the car at more than
100 MPH.

Allen Hefner
Norristown, PA

*Current:*