[Spridgets] Fuel Delivery Issue Resolved? Things Seem to Come in Threes. . .

Philip Nase nases at verizon.net
Thu Jun 2 17:36:24 MDT 2011

That's similar to what I pack but it seems like it's a lot of weight.

Phil Nase
home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa/

On Jun 2, 2011, at 7:30 PM, Kevin Valentine <kevinv1275 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2011, at 7:16 PM, Philip Nase wrote:
>
>> Speaking of portable tool kits. Does anyone have a list of the essentials
for
>> roadside repairs?  I always over pack the tools adding too much bulk and
>> weight to the Sprite.
>>

>> Here's what I carry in tools,
>>
>> A complete set of combination wrenches with duplicates for the 1/2 and
9/16
>> A complete set of 3/8 sockets w/ ratchet, 3" and 6" extensions
>> standard and philips screwdrivers
>> vise grips
>> pliers ; needle nose, standard, and dikes
>> small ball peen hammer
>> small hemostats
>> ignition tools w/ points, condenser  and rotor
>> cold chisel
>> test light
>> wire ties
>> electrical and duck tape
>> 3' of steel wire
>>
>> I also carry a complete dizzy ready to pop in, a fuel pump, plugs, fan
belt, accelerator cable, and a water pump.

>> Kevin V.
>> Tuscarora, Pa
>>

>> Below is a message from Frank Clarici from 2008;
>>

>> On Nov 24, 2008, at 6:59 PM, Frank Clarici wrote:
>>
>>> I carry too many parts but now that I do carry all those parts, nothing
breaks down.
>>> Ever since I snapped an axle 2 hours from home, I carry a spare, it is zip
tied under the right front inner fender but I have never needed it.
>>> I recommend all of us carry some basics.
>>>
>>> Accelerator cable
>>> Fan belt
>>> short piece of 1/4" fuel hose
>>> short piece 1/2 heater hose (head> water pump)
>>> some bailing wire
>>> SU float needle
>>> back up fuel pump
>>> spare dizzy ready to go with wires
>>> set of spark plugs
>>> length of electric wire
>>> Couple of spare nuts and bolts and lug nuts
>>> Fuses
>>> Electric tape
>>> zip ties
>>>
>>> Tools should include
>>> screw drivers
>>> spark plug wrench
>>> 7/16, 1/2, 9/16 wrenches
>>> pliers
>>> test light
>>> flash light
>>> lug wrench and jack
>>> jumper cables
>>>
>>> Road trip spares (more than a day away from home)
>>> Spare axle
>>> generator/regulator (or alt)
>>> radiator hoses
>>> Head gasket set   BTDT on the road
>>> brake pads
>>> brakes hose
>>> slave cyl (or kit)
>>> front pulley (engine)
>>>
>>> Stuff you will not find at the local auto parts store and don't want to
wait for 2 or 3 days to be delivered where you broke down.
>>> I carry the basics in my small tool kit in each Sprite, I have the "Road
Trip Spares" bag that I throw in the car when I am going away for a few days.
>>> I have lost a generator in Vermont, an axle in Pennsylvania, a fuel pump
in Maryland, and a petronix in Virginia.
>>> If your brake pads go 1000 miles from home, you will be glad you have
spares, they can be used ones with some meat left on them. And remember, if a
caliper hangs up and you don't realize it, those pads will go away fast and a
down hill mountain run with metal to metal is no fun. Happened to someone in
Breckenridge in 92, not me but it happens.