[Spridgets] Wire Patch

Kirk Hargreaves khargreaves2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 18:02:25 MDT 2011

Thanks. .  .

I patched the two wires by wrapping a piece of thin copper wire taken off
another wire where I broke apart the wire strands to get just a thin piece
of wire to wrap around the re-assembly before soldering.  This held it in
place for the soldering job and gave the solder a bit more to grab on too.

The wire ends also had to be cleaned up as they were tarnished and dirty.  I
used a wire brush on the end of my drill and cleaned up the ends so that
they were back to shiny clean before applying the solder.  . then followed
up with the heat shrink tubing.

It must have been a one time shock to the system of some sort as everything
is running fine with no further issues.

Thanks,

Kirk