[Spridgets] Most Excellent Modified Bugeye Pt II

Bill L pythias at pacifier.com
Sat Jul 30 08:17:46 MDT 2011

Hello,

     I have a friend who did a V-8 conversion to Sprite back in the
     late '60s or early 70's. It too was a Ford IIRC. He said it wound
     up being nearly undriveable. The torque would roll the body just
     revving up, and the car couldn't be kept straight when they tried
     hard standing starts. (granted,he was a Hot Rodder looking for fast
     dragster ala the ALTERED class). The cars have too short of a wheel base for that kind
     of power. PLUS the handling was destroyed because the balance of
     the car was all out of whack. All the the characteristics of the
     car that we love so much were gone, except for the look.

     All that said, these are incredibly skillful examples.

--
Best regards,
 Bill L.                           mailto:pythias at pacifier.com

 '66 Sprite MKIII HAN8L49403   "the red thing"