[Spridgets] 50th bash

Curt/Nancy Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 08:49:43 MDT 2011

Lin,

Just like the water got in there in the first place... "capillary action" or
for example, that the water seeped into the spaces between the wires and the
cap.  Many distributors, such as the one on my 100 have rubber boots on the
cap where the wires exit, to minimize moisture entering the cap through
where the wires are attached.

Mini Coopers/MG 1100's as I recall, even had a rubber boot over the entire
distributor to protect it from water spraying on it.

The WD-40 simply displaces the water that has shorted out the ignition in
and around the wires.

Bottom line is that it works.

Curt