[Spridgets] Oil Relief Gallery

Michael MacLean rrengineer.mike at att.net
Sun Jul 24 22:45:01 MDT 2011

I have a serious oil overpressure problem with the 1275 in my Bugeye.  An
adjustable oil relief valve from APT did not help, even when adjusted all the
way out.  David Anton suspects the oil gallery relief hole is plugged or was
inadvertantly sealed by mistake along with the othe other galleries that are
supposed to be sealed when the short block was rebuilt a few years ago.  I
will be pulling this engine in the next few weeks to try to determine just
exactly where the overpressure is coming from.  Does anyone know exactly where
I should look to determine which hole is the relief gallery hole in the area
of the oil pan under the engine?

Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2