[Spridgets] king pin pin removal

CosmicMag1380 cosmicmag1380 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 19:08:34 MDT 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 5:28 PM,  <corvallis at peoplepc.com> wrote:
I'm rebuilding the right front axel assembly. The king pin (called
swivel pin in Bentley's) is held to the fulcrum pin by a small tapered
pin (called a king pin pin in the Mo** parts list.) Anybody had
trouble getting that out? (1979 MG Midget.)   .bill in corvallis

I'm not certain if you are referring to the cotter pin or the fulcrum
pin that you are having trouble with. The cotter pin must be removed.
It is a tapered pin with a nut on the bottom. Dig all the scrunge off
the bottom of the king pin assembly to find the nut. Remove it. Tap
the pin out. Use a hand impact tool with the large flat blade
screwdriver bit on the fulcrum pin. There is a slot in it. Make sure
that the hand impact is set to turn the correct way to undo the pin.
Hold the impact tool correctly with some tension on it and whack it
sharply. I have had very good luck with this method.

--
Kent
1960 Bugeye