[Spridgets] Driver Education Track Day

Neil Anderson neilandcustom at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 23:19:16 MDT 2011

The Midwest Region of the Austin-Healey Club invites owners of vintage
sports cars to attend their 2d Driver Education Day at Blackhawk Farms
Raceway, South Beloit, IL on Friday, August 5th.

Our first event was held after the Healey Club's National Conclave last July
with great success and loads of fun.  Blackhawk is a challenging club racer
track that is great for Sprites and Midgets.  Spridget list members Ron
Soave, and Wm. Severin Thompson, along with others, have raced there over
the years.

We have special dispensation from Blackhawk Farms that let open sports cars
drive on the track without roll bars or cages.  Seat belts and helmets are
required though.  For newbies to the track experience, an instructor can
ride along to help you learn the intricacies of track driving more quickly,
or to just learn your way around Blackhawk.  But, don't expect to be smooth
and quick after just a few laps.

You won't find this experience of track time at the price of $115 per car
(including trackside lunch) at too many track locations.   A mandatory
classroom session after lunch precedes the on-track time.  There will be no
timed laps and no wheel-to-wheel racing.  This is a driver education day, to
learn track driving and have a great time!

The Midwest Region reserves the right to let approved more modern cars
attend to fill out our minimum car requirement.

Please take a look at our informational page and registration form here:

http://www.wrcresearch.com/trackday  and more info about Blackhawk Farms
here:  http://www.blackhawkfarms.com/

We will be at the Midget 50th, so we can answer more questions there.  We
would like to see you attend!

Neil Anderson

Pres. Midwest Region, AHCA

Bill Cantrall