[Spridgets] SUPER ELECTRIC CAR

bjshov8 at tx.rr.com bjshov8 at tx.rr.com
Thu Jul 7 13:21:14 MDT 2011

(you forgot hydro)

I would like to see a really detailed comparison of the electric vehicle vs. the gasoline vehicle.  We all know what a gallon of gasoline costs, and that cost includes profit that goes to a lot of different people plus taxes to various people.  I've seen the commercials that say how much electricity the little car takes per day compared to the cost in gasoline, and thinking that some of that electricity is generated from coal or oil, you might start to think that there is a big difference in efficience somewhere in one process vs. the other process.  I would like to see a good analysis that would show how this really works.

What I see is that someone digs a well, pumps the crude out of the ground, sells it, ships it to somewhere else, it gets refined into various different components, it gets shipped a few more times, and you buy it at a pump and put it in the automobile.

What I'm also guessing is that someone digs a mine, takes coal out, sells it, ships it to somewhere else, it gets burned to generate electricity, someone builds a bunch of wires, the electricity gets transmitted along the wires to the automobile.

Now why or how is one of these processes way more efficient than the other?  That is what I would like to know.  And I want someone to do an impartial study and get into the actual numbers in order to really show what goes where.