[Spridgets] (no subject)

Macy Larry lmacy at mac.com
Fri Jan 28 19:13:02 MST 2011

Wrong-O old buddy, old pal. It is not a factory "do-over".

It is a custom rebuild of a 05 - 08 Triumph Scrambler. They are built by a friend of mine here in Philadelphia. They take a modern bike and remake them to look and feel like the old ones James grew up with. The goal is to recreate the look and feel of the 60-70's Triumphs but get the modern reliability.

THis one is called the Jack Pine.
https://hammarhead.com/motorcycles/jack-pine/

FWIW, I prolly won't own a bike any more (I had a Choppered Bonny in the 70's) but this is one fine ride. I loved it. He also builds (well has a prototype) of an all electric bike. Fast, but strictly for city commuting.

Larry

On Jan 28, 2011, at 8:27 PM, hardy.john at cox.net wrote:

> Yes it does look like a 60's era Triumph, but actually its one of the new Vintage look bikes that Triumph is producing out of their factory in Hinkley, Leicestershire. This particular one looks like their Bonneville model. They do a pretty good job of keeping the look but they don't puke oil, continually blow fuses or vibrate like a by the hour hotel room bed. In the past few years they have done replica Trophy, Bonneville and Truxton models. Even though the Truxton was originally a Vellocette not a Triumph. They also produce a brilliant 675CC sport bike called the Daytona (another legendary Triumph model name) as well as a couple of big cruisers, dual sports and my personnel favorite the Speed Triple that's a naked sport bike Hooligan  machine!
>
> I cut my teeth on 500 and 650 Triumph and BSA twins, then I completely lost my mind and made the transitions to Ducati's.
>
> Cheers,
>
> John
>

> ---- "Shop at " Just Brits "" <shop at justbrits.com> wrote:
>> << For just a bit more sanity
>> http://vimeo.com/18976012
>> Larry >>
>>
>> Anybody know for sure but the bike looks like a '60s era Triumph
>> to me ?!?

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy at upenn.edu
Senior IT Program Director
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?