[Spridgets] Fwd: Joy for gearheads

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 8 11:06:18 MST 2011

I love Rendezvous. Had not seen it in years, so thanks. I actually had my
own
copy of it years ago - probably on a VHS or Beta tape - Should try to get
another digital copy to go along with my "Stockholm" movies. Has anybody seen
those? They don't have the charm of a French film like Rendezvous or the
wonderful howl of a Ferrari, but for flat out crazy banzai runs on a city in
the
early morning hours, they are far better.

First one was called
"Getaway in Stockholm". It was filmed in 2000 with what
they called a
"slightly tuned" 911. For just shy of 10 minutes, they run across
the city
chased by, and eventually losing the police. Three cameras document the
run,
including one pointed at the front right wheel, which nicely shows drift
angle under hard acceleration in the curves. I also have Getaway in Stockholm
2,
featuring highly tuned examples of a Supra and a Cosworth Escort. There
are I
believe more of these out there I have not seen, you should check them
out if
you like this sort of thing.

 - David
Long Island