[Spridgets] 18K Mini Oil Change?

Jay jfishbein at snet.net
Sat Feb 26 12:09:56 MST 2011

I can't speak for my 2010 MINI since it doesn't have many miles on it yet, but
with the '03 the oil change interval was determined by the computer based on the
type of driving the car experienced. On that car, the first oil change was
10,000 miles, but that varied from car to car.

At least MINI uses synthetic oil with their oil changes. Volvo for example,
includes oil change in their warranty program but replaces the synthetic oil in
the car from the factory with regular oil unless the owner pays for synthetic.
If you don't ask, Volvo doesn't tell you that up front.

PS If you use synthetic oil, you don't need to change oil 3-4K.

 jay