[Spridgets] an lbc question....

Trevor Jessie trevor.jessie at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 07:13:28 MST 2011

Ask yourself what is supposed to create the seal in the connection.  If it
is a flared fitting, then the flare is supposed to make the seal (similar
for compression fitting) not the threads themselves.  Using teflon tape as a
lubricant to allow the nut to torque down and create the seal is fine.  If
the threads are supposed to create the seal (tapered pipe threads for
example), then I'd be sure that the tape is compatible with the fluid in
question.

However I'm not a plumber nor chemical engineer.

-T