[Spridgets] Looking Forward to Midget 50th

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Wed Feb 16 13:29:47 MST 2011

 "FIVE people willing to drive 4500 miles, from sea level to 8000+ feet, in a
freaking SPRIDGET just to see others who suffer from a
similar sickness."
Hey! I LIVE above 8000 Feet! and I'm driving DOWN to see all of you in Elkhart
Lake, but as my driving buddy said last year as we went UP to 10000 feet,
"Going uphill isn't much fun, is it?"
At least there are a couple of thousand miles to gain that elevation, rather
than a COUPLE of miles to gain 3000'+!
I might as well update the MKII progress while I'm here- I finally got the old
fulcrum pins out of the A Arms, and they are cleaned, painted and going
together with discs, hubs and rotors. The panhard rod is in place, the offset
springs are mounted and tight, the wiring harness is partway in, and the dash
is in place. Fuel pump and tank are ready to go in, Thank goodness I can't
even think of driving it here yet since we just had 30+" of snow and 60+ mph
winds to drift it.
Spring can't come too soon at my elevation, and it never does.

Mark Haynes
HAN6L12977
HAN5L8016