[Spridgets] BB kitty in surgury as I type

Linda Grunthaner grunthaner at gmail.com
Sun Feb 6 06:55:47 MST 2011

List,
Surgery went great they found a small impaction in the ilium (end of colon),
removed that section and sent out for biopsy, everything else looked great,
the surgeon didn't think it was cancer but it must be biopsied to be sure.
Poor little 3lb. 15 year old kitty had poop stuck in there for months mind
you she was megacolon which is completely impacted colon.

Got a call last night before bed that BB was already up and walking around
interacting with the staff and I'm sure hungry. The doctor sort of laughed
as BB is very happy and animated, heck removing the constipation I would be
too : )  I'll be steaming chicken today to bring over as she pukes up cat
food. Perhaps she can eat regular food down the road. I have learned my
local vet is a nice guy but my gut feeling was get her to the experts
because his treatment wasn't helping for months. Also the experts told me to
get both kitties regular blood work which detected internal bleeding. I
never would have known if I didn't call the "expensive" experts. Garden
State Veternary in NJ is very expensive and a training hospital with 36
doctors as regular staff but they did give me a zero interest agency for the
credit which helps.

Thanks for all the kind messages and prayers.
Pre-op youtube: me & BB, excuse my hair not colored yet I've been busy with
kitty care : )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAaW_9SOMvA
Linda