[Spridgets] Weather... or not...

Jim Johnson bmwwxman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 13:42:31 MST 2011

The last two storms around here all the stores sold out of bananas the day
before!!  When I asked the gal at the register she said people bought all
the bananas because of the storm.  What's with that???   Do they think if
they cover their roof with bananas the snow won't come??  Am I missing some
basic meteorological truth connected to bananas here?

Cheers!!
Jim

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 1:09 PM, Frank Clarici <spritenut at comcast.net> wrote:

> On 2/1/2011 12:49 PM, Peter Caldwell wrote:
>  I guess we're gonna get F.... eet of snow.
>
> Hurry HURRY! Go get MILK!
> That's what they do around here if we expect snow flurries.
> They never say "feet" around here,
> 6-10inches = 24 inches
> 12" plus = 32 inches
> And when they say "up to 12 inches everybody not only buys 5 gallons of
> milk, but 6 or 7 loaves of bread too.
> But what is truly funny is that everybody has to buy a new snow shovel
> every time it snows.
> I think I'll buy a new snow shovel come March when the local hardware store
> blows them out at $5. I can't remember when I bought my current shovel but
> it must not be made in china since I have had it at least 10 years. I even
> have a worn out back up shovel just in case. That one might have been my
> father's, all steel but sort of rounded over on the blade end now.
>

> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ

Cheers!!
Jim
Then there was the mind reader who moved to Washington, D.C. and couldn't
find work.