[Spridgets] Sat in the 2012 Fiat 500 Sport model while in Michigan

David Booker tncarnut1 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 31 09:39:07 MST 2011

Linda,
I test-drove a Matrix when they came out because they looked so good
in the magazines and online...  In person, I found it very much larger and
more minivan-like than I thought it would be. I bought a Protege5 instead and
never regretted it. Equivalent car now is the Mazdaspeed3. In my opinion a
better car than the Matrix in every way you can measure it except for one -
Mazda insists on putting that incredibly offensive smiley-face on the front
bumper facia. I would only buy one if there is an aftermarket bumperskin to
replace it with. Anybody know if the nose from a Focus would work?

As for
the Focus - I have not yet driven a new one. It should definitely be on the
must-drive list before you make up your mind.

 - David Booker
Long Island