[Spridgets] Hurricane Irene and our East Coast friends...

brian S bugeye15 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 28 10:11:08 MDT 2011

Just heard from Mike and Mona,
in case you didn't know, their house is on the water in Center Moriches.
He said that they only had "minor wet" in the lower portion of the house,
wiped out a
shelf about 16 inches off the floor.
Considering the predicted storm surge and winds, they made out very good!

I'm a few miles inland on Long Island, and we had only a few branches down, a
little
water in the basement and one of my fence gate doors snapped a hinge.
We haven't lost power (yet!), probably because we were lucky to find a
generator
in Upstate New York before heading back down here yesterday.

We had called a dozen places while we were up there, and almost every store
was sold out!
Kinda bizarre as upstate NY wasn't supposed to get much damage from the
storm.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer finally resto'ed!
Thanks to Frank C.!