[Spridgets] Travel - lots of useless information - some LBC

Kitterer Bob bkitterer at me.com
Wed Aug 17 15:24:06 MDT 2011

This is particularly for David who happen to ask.

I started taking vacation trips every year in 1960 and have done so ever year since except for four, two years in the service and two years we moved.  These have varied in length from 5 days to eight months and, with one recent exception these have been in the USA and Canada.  In recent years there have been several trips per year of a few months each.  The first trip was in my bugeye (LBC content) with my 15 year old brother.  We went through six western states in eleven days and covered 3,700 miles.  I have now been in all 50 states and six Canadian Provinces.

So the driving numbers come out like this:
Total miles driven on vacation trips : 238,200
Total days : 1,606

See the USA first - you may never have time for anyplace else.

Bob Kitterer and Dolores

1960 Austin Healey Sprite (Mk IV in disguise) - in storage
1966 Austin Healey Sprite Mk III (Trevor) - still in boxes - in storage