[Spridgets] [spridgets] Fuel Pump Pressure

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sun Aug 14 13:12:12 MDT 2011

Hi, Spridgeteers!

To finish the story of my front carb overflow problem:

After checking the Healey fuel pump pressure to verify the accuracy of my
gauge this morning and finding it reading 2 psi (SU) and 3.5 (E8016S backup)
I got a Mr. Gasket adjustable fuel pressure regulator for the Midget at the
local Advance Auto Parts store.  It has fixed the front carb overflow
problem.  The car is now idling smoothly and runs as well as it always did,
with no excess gas being dumped out the vapor canister.  The new Spectra
Premium E8016S pump I bought yesterday and rated at 2.5 - 4.5 psi was
reading 6.5 psi, and the front carb continued to overflow.  I guess a
regulator is a good idea after all.

Thanks again for the suggestions!

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC