[Spridgets] Fuel pump pressure

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Aug 13 17:12:57 MDT 2011

I installed an E8016S pump (manufacturer unknown) in series with the SU on
my Healey in January 2002.  With a switch under the dash, I can select
either pump on, or both of them off.  On long trips, I use the SU on the
outbound leg and the E8016S coming home.   The E8016S is so quiet, I can't
hear it running with the engine started.
It's a comfort when thousands of miles from home to know that I have a
backup pump.  I've had to use that feature twice now when the SU wouldn't
start the car.  And I can't count the times I've run out of gas in the hotel
parking lot when I forgot I turned off both pumps the night before.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC