[Spridgets] FW: Torque wrench extension

Bill Masquelier billmasq at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 5 17:03:20 MDT 2011

At Boeing (where I WAS a tool design engineer before I retired this month) we
have and use a simple principle with torque wrench extensions.
If you put the extension on in-line with the handle (as is shown on the PDF)
you use the simple calculator.
An easier way is to put the extension on at 90 degrees, make sure that the
extension is no more than 1/2 the length of the wrench handle and no
correction is needed (I didn't believe it either until I made a test and had
Cal-cert prove it to me on their tester machines!).
For ease of calibration many if not most of the extended torquing is done this
way in the factory.
BillM