[Spridgets] brakes

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Fri Aug 5 08:44:00 MDT 2011

Jess- Now that you have them hooked to the correct lines, start the brake
bleeding AT the inlet to the 4 way connector. If you get fluid there, go to
the right front first-Always work from the nearest to the master to the
farthest from the master, that way you can determine where the fluid is/isn't
moving through. Also remember to not bleed the reservoir dry, it's easy to do,
BTDT, and frustrating.
Take your time (I know you already have lots of time invested), I'm assuming
that you have a common reservoir master as originally built?
If you can't get any fluid to the 4-way, then try blowing that first line out
with air, if that line is open, make sure that you have a good seal at the
master with the connector.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
HAN5L8016

From: Jess Power <>
To: spridgets at autox.team.net

I am sooo frustrated.A while back I posted that I was having trouble
bleeding the brakes on my 1959 bugeye.I have nearly completed the
resto and STILL cannot get the brakes to work.I realized today that
the previous owner had the brake reservoir connected to the clutch
slave and the clutch reservoir connected to the 4 way brake
connection.I switched these,bench bled both the clutch and the brake
master cylinders and tried once more to bleed the brakes.Nada,no
bubbles,nofluid,nothing.I am guessing I have dirt in the lines and/or
a bad master cylinder?I have been bleeding the left rear,right
rear,left front,right front.What's next?