[Spridgets] Working on the car, this time for real!

Mark Haynes haynes386 at netzero.net
Tue Aug 2 08:36:09 MDT 2011

Drew- If you are just cutting and welding the vertical panels, I supported my
MKII on a 4X4 across the rear where the fuel tank goes, put it between the
front studs and the middle side studs, and support with a pair of stands. the
stands and 4X4 won't get in your way until you start trying to put the brake
lines in. As long ass the 4X4 is shorter than the rear 1/4 panels, you won't
bark your shins on it.
I prefer to not damage myself further.

Mark Haynes
It only goes one way-Pay it Forward
HAN6L12977
HAN5L8016

After much investigation, and ingest-libation I have determined that I will
proceed. My
two questions at this point are these:
Where should I put the stands once I remove the rear suspension?
Many of the vertical panels have rust only at the very bottom-think wet
carpet
dimensions-so the tabs are unusable. Should I use some angle steel sections,
or is there
a better route?
Drew