[Spridgets] Datsun tranny plug.. results.

pythias at pacifier.com pythias at pacifier.com
Sat Apr 23 21:49:42 MDT 2011

the weather turned, at least for a day so I had a chance to test the new
Royal Purple in the Datsun 5 speed. ..We all know how it is, we WANT the
change to have positive results, and so it is with me. I could swear that
it had more power than before, but objectively?... I'll tell ya this. For
years, the oil pressure starts high and as the car warms up, the oil
pressure at freeway speed drops gradually for the first 15 to 20 minutes.
Even though the water temp shows the car as being warmed, I never believe
it until I see the oil pressure fall to "normal" range. I hate to give
numbers as gauge calibration, YMMV, etc, but for me its in the low to mid
50's range. TODAY, after half an hour it was still showing near 60, and
increase of about 5 lbs. The only  thing I can think to explain it is that
the engine isn't working as hard, so it's not getting as hot, so the oil
is cooler so the pressure is higher....

I may put some of the same stuff in my diffy.

Bill L.
"the red thing"

it takes a big dog to weigh a ton