[Spridgets] engine id

Mike Rambour lists at dinospider.com
Fri Apr 22 13:09:01 MDT 2011

  I put in a 1098 into my car, id plate says 8G which is some (Gold Seal
whatever that is) replacement engine but 1098.  I have a second motor
that I am keeping as a spare that is a 10C motor, so that is also 1098.
Now, I have a 3rd motor with NO id plates on it and I noticed the head
casting is different then my other 2 1098's, not much different but its
there.  Without opening up the motor and without id plates on it, how do
I identify what it is.  I am guessing its a 1275 but I dont know, it
does have a vibration damper on the front instead of plain pulley which
is why I guessing 1275 as that would be a later motor.

     mike